List of active policies
|Terms & Conditions
SummaryInformation collected by Thalassaemia International Federation (hereinafter referred to as “TIF”), either through the use of its website, participation in its courses, conferences, workshops, projects or in cases when users contact TIF directly, is in all cases confidential and shall be subject to processing only upon anonymisation and for reasons concerning improvement in the services provided by TIF.
TIF declares that in compliance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, namely the
Cyprus Law (Law 125(I)/2018) and European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 providing for the Protection of Natural
Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and for the Free Movement of such Data, it will store
and safeguard the information collected only if anonymised and for as long as it is needed and will not publish
or release or disclose it, in part or whole, to any third party.
What data we collect & process
TIF collects the following personal data:
- Web Forms such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every
website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from –
as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and digital services.
- Course Grades and Certificates: Grades and Certificates of individuals participating in TIF’s courses
will not be made known to third parties.
and pages (e.g. publications, newsletters etc.). A cookie is a small text file that visited websites save
on your computer. Cookies are used to provide visitors access to various functions. The information
in the cookie can be used to track your internet usage.
facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively for security purposes as well as for site
administration purposes. Please be aware that you can adjust the settings in your computer’s browser
to reject cookies or delete individual or all cookies on your computer by following the browser “Help”
- IP Address: The IP address through which the PC of the user or visitor accesses the internet and the
TIF site is used exclusively for the collection of statistical data.
How we use this data
Participants in TIF’s courses, conferences and/or projects understand and acknowledge that the information
they provide during their participation is collected and controlled by TIF. The information is recorded and used
for statistical purposes, for determining optimal promotional strategies and for information on the areas of
interest to patients, health care professionals and governments concerning haemoglobinopathies. TIF uses
this data to distribute to its subscribers its newsletters, magazines, email blasts and text messages, using the
‘WhatsApp’ platform based on user preferences on confidentiality clauses and only upon the users’ consent.
How you can access your personal information and your rights
You have several rights as a data subject as summarised below:
- Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether your personal information is being
processed by us and, if it is, to access your information and details of how we process it, as long as this
does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification: We will rectify any errors in the personal information we hold on request.
- Erasure: You may ask us to erase your personal information from our systems.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict our processing on specified grounds.
- Data portability: You have the right in specific circumstances where processing is based on consent to
receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the
right to transmit the information to another controller without hindrance, provided that our processing is
carried out by automated means.
- Right to object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your
information, including in relation to profiling, direct marketing or scientific or historical research
How to exercise your rights:
- To exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that if you delete or restrict your account or required information, this may prevent you from
making full use of our services.
Data Security & Retention
All personal information will be saved securely on TIF’s server and/or cloud provider upon anonymisation and
only if and for as long as it is needed. You have the right at any point, to request for your personal data to be
extracted and provided to you or to be permanently deleted. For any questions and/or clarifications please
- The content made available for downloading from TIF’s website, including but not limited to publications,
informational material, briefings, announcements, press releases, newsletters, graphics, images, leaflets
etc. as new work is copyright protected and the intellectual property of Thalassaemia International
Federation. The layout of each page, the appearance of the content and titles also comprise intellectual
property of the Federation.
Electronic Access to Databases:
- License to use content is granted solely for informational research and consultation purposes. License to access TIF’s website electronically and use its content is granted free of charge.
TIF e-Academy’s & TIF Website Terms and Conditions shall manage your access to the courses available on TIF e-Academy accessible at https://academy.thalassaemia.org.cy and your access to TIF website accessed at https://thalassaemia.org.cy.
These Terms will be applied fully and affect to your access and use the material found on the aforementioned websites. By accessing material on TIF e-Academy and TIF website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not access any of the material on TIF e-Academy and/or TIF website if you disagree with any of the below Standard Terms and Conditions.
Minors or people below 16 years old are not allowed to access any of the material on TIF e-Academy and/or TIF website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Under these Terms, Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF) and/or its licensors and/or contributors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained on TIF e-Academy and TIF website.
You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on TIF e-Academy and TIF website.
You acknowledge that:
- All content presented on these websites belong to Thalassaemia International Federation.
- The use of the content by a third party is prohibited unless a written consent by the
Thalassaemia International Federation is granted.
- When permission is granted, due acknowledgement to Thalassaemia International Federation should be given whenever any part of the material is used.
Unless you have written consent for a specific purpose you are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any course/website material in any other media
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any course/website material
- publicly performing and/or showing any course/website material
- using course/website material in any way that is or may be damaging to TIF
- using course/website material in any way that impacts user access to TIF e-Academy and TIF website.
- using course/website material contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to TIF, or to any person or business entity
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to TIF e-Academy and TIF website
- using course/website material to engage in any advertising or marketing
- redistributing content created for Thalassaemia International Federation
Certain course material or areas of the TIF and TIF e-Academy websites are restricted from being accessed by you and Thalassaemia International Federation may further restrict access by you to any course material or areas of the TIF and TIF e-Academy website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have with TIF are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
Parts of the TIF e-Academy website offer users an opportunity to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Thalassaemia International Federation does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments before their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Thalassaemia International Federation, its agents, and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Thalassaemia International Federation shall not be liable for the Comments or any
liability, damages, or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on the TIF e-Academy website.
Thalassaemia International Federation reserves the right to monitor all Comments and remove any Comments that can be considered inappropriate, offensive, or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on TIF e-Academy forums and feedback forms and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation
copyright, patent, or trademark of any third party
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material, which is an invasion of privacy.
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant Thalassaemia International Federation a non-exclusive license to use,
reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats, or media.
TIF and TIF e-Academy websites are provided "as is," with all faults, and Thalassaemia International Federation express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to course material and website content. Also, nothing contained on the course material and website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Thalassaemia International Federation, nor any of its officers, directors, presidents, board members, advisors, collaborators and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the course material and website content whether such liability is under contract. Thalassaemia International Federation, including its officers, directors, presidents, advisors, collaborators and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of the course material and website content.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Thalassaemia International Federation from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Thalassaemia International Federation is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by accessing the course material on TIF e-Academy or TIF website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Thalassaemia International Federation is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Thalassaemia International Federation and you in relation to your use of TIF e-Academy and TIF Website and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Cyprus, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Republic of Cyprus for the resolution of any disputes.